1. Train using the most “bang for your buck,” multi-joint lifts like squats, deadlifts, bench presses & chin-ups.
2. Avoid single-joint lifts (isolation movements) such as bicep or leg curls unless you have unlimited training time.
3. Use short rest periods between your sets (10 to 60 secs) to trigger the greatest growth hormone response.
4. Vary the tempo of lifting phases (the time taken to to lower & lift a weight) and rest periods to provide new stimulus for the body to adapt.
5. To get lean fast, use a hypertrophy-type protocol (increase of mass or girth of muscles) - 8 to 12 reps, more than 3 sets, 70 to 85 percent 1RM load.
Be sure to check my blog again on Wednesday 23rd May for further fat loss tips.
And I'll see all you kettlebellers tonight in Exeter at Martial Arts & Fitness Uk, West Street, just off of Fore Street near the house that moved.